Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyframing in motion4?

Hi all.

I am having trouble moving an oject around a canvas in Motion 4.

I have made the object 3d, it is a "Clockwork" particle and it is tilted backwards.

I now want it to move around the x and y axis of the canvas.

But when I engage the motion button and keyframe as normal I see the motion poits but the object does not move.

Can anyone help?

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 4:49 PM

7 replies

Jul 20, 2011 4:38 AM in response to Will Power PT

Hi Will,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away on a shoot. I couldn't find a solution anywhere else so a created one of my own for you.

I notice that you have a camera at the top. When you track a particle it only occurs on the birth of that particle. So the position is held in 2d or 3d space for it's entire life at the position of the emitter at that time. That's so that if you have a 3d particle and want the camera to move around it, it stays in place.

So I figured, "what if you attach the camera to the track? - of course it will happen back to front unless you use a stabilise". So I moved the Match Move to the Camera, reattached the source to the tracker and made the camera a 2d camera. I then went to the camera properties and made the rotation of x and y to be 180º.

And it works 🙂

Hope it works for you

Pi

keyframing in motion4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.