Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to connect to exchange server company only supports activesync

I just bought a MacBook Air to replace my iPad. The company I work for only supports remote access to exchange server from a company computer, mobile device through activesync or through web portal.

I have connected through Mail through the exchange server but it kicks you out after an hour or so, same with Entourage.

Is there a way to have activesync on my MacBook Air use email similar to the way I get email on my iPad? Or any other advice?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 6:22 PM

1 reply

Jul 18, 2011 6:44 AM in response to mhanson74

The iPad or iPhone uses the webmail function of the exchange server. I have used Thunderbird by Mozilla to access exchange(2003). Works well but some bugs with saving sent files and font issues. It might help but it sounds like the server is denying you access. Did you try it with VPN? You can set it up under network settings. Once you have a VPN setup, your connected to the company network and mail might work then.

Trying to connect to exchange server company only supports activesync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.