Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don't I have a speed up/slow down option in iMovie 09?

I'm trying to speed up/slow down clips in iMovie '09. I've read a bunch of forums and they all say this: Click on the little blue button, click "clip adjustments" and then move the carat on the speed bar towards either the turtle or the rabbit to make it faster or slower. But there is no speed bar. There is no rabbit and there is no turtle. It just shows me the length of my clip and asks if I want to "analyze for stability". I did that and it didn't do anything. I tried reading the help directions for the exact iMovie 09 that I have (8.0.6) and they say exactly what the forums say: use the rabbit/turtle speed bar. I'm doing exact what they say, there's just no rabbit/turtle speed bar. I'm not that inept at computers, I think I'm actually lacking something. How do I fix this?User uploaded file

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 10:37 PM

3 replies

Jul 18, 2011 5:41 AM in response to John Cogdell

Regarding speed adjustments - there is an audio glitch that may appear in iMovie '09 if you enter your own custom speed settings. The glitch is bad enough to ruin your project (bits of audio from other clips can appear randomly throughout the video). It's very important to use only the pre-sets shown on the speed slider - don't type in settings that differ from the slider settings, which are: 12.5%, 25%, 50%, 100%, 200%, 400% and 800%. Use the slider to select any of these.

Also note that the audio glitch appears only in the shared (exported) movie. It is not evident in the iMovie project when previewing the edited movie (prior to export).

John

Message was edited by: John Cogdell

Why don't I have a speed up/slow down option in iMovie 09?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.