Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live instrument recording off tempo. Playback if off beat! Trying to record live drums over software instrument

Live instrument recording off tempo after recording. Playback if off beat!

I used the metronome during recording many times and the recording is still off beat (did many tests with basic beats)

Trying to record live drums over software instrument.

Basically, it sounds good when recording but the playback if way off.

Manuel

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3, Push notifications not working

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 11:39 PM

3 replies

Jul 18, 2011 6:28 AM in response to léonie

That option is greyed out and it only allows you to edit it on the individual live music track after recording. That is where I unchecked it. I already tried unchecking it there after recording and that does not fix the tempo. It actually plays my live instrument slower than the actual live recording was. Is there a way to turn that off before recording?

For reference, I have only two instruments, a Grand piano (software instrument) and an empty track where I am trying to record live drums.

The grand piano has a loop and also, the project is running at 150 for tempo (I changed the tempo there before attempting to record the live drums).

Jul 18, 2011 7:02 AM in response to ManuTx

Have you set a track as groove track? (a little star to the left of the track head)

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=GarageBand/9.0/en/gbndc36de615.html

If one of the tracks is a groove track, then you can check "follow pitch and tempo" before or after you start recording.

If you don't have set a groove track, then you should deselect "quantize timing" or set it to a very small value, if the timing does not sound right, see

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH1970?viewlocale=en_US

Live instrument recording off tempo. Playback if off beat! Trying to record live drums over software instrument

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.