Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 2010 : No way to reinstall OSX

Hello,

I got a Macbook Air 2010, 13' 126ssd 2gb

- I lost my USB Recovery Kit

- I used a hard Disk/make another usb Disk/Share my imac dvd...With all my previous macbook doing this way was working fine

but in any case the story is the same :

- During the boot I got the choice between my SSD drive or make my install with the component connected (HD/usb Disk/Share my imac dvd)

- I chose usb disk or HD ... I tried all

- and after 5 seconde my screen become grey with a message in 4 different language that I got to hold power button to restart

- No way to reinstall my macbook :-(

Do you have any clue ?

Do you know if its possible to buy a new usb key

perhaps I got a hardware probleme but I am working abroad for a while I need to solve this myself :-(

I am quite convinced that my SSD need to be repaired (what Onyx adviced) but I need to boot on install DVD to do so and I cant so far...

I getting made.

Thanks in advance for your help

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 9:04 AM

Call Apple's tech support and explain the situation. They will steer you in the direction to get a replacement.

The same situation happened to me, and I was able to get a replacement from Apple at a nominal cost.

2 replies

Macbook Air 2010 : No way to reinstall OSX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.