Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is black dialogue box on my mac mini that says everything that I do on my computer. How do I get rid of it?

Somehow this dialogue box appeared on my screen and it repeats every letter that I type and it scrolls over every link when I am on the internet and I can't do anything until it is done telling me everything that is on the page. I need to know what program this box came from so that I can close it asap. can anyone help me please!!!!

Mac mini

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 9:51 AM

Pughfam,

It sounds like you have Universal Access turned on.

In your Dock (the line of icons at the bottom of your screen) click on the icon labeled "System Preferences" (it looks like a gear box).

When the panel opens, the last icon in the System will be "Universal Access" (a blue circle with a little man). Click the icon and the panel will change.

Under the heading "Seeing" set the radio buttons for "VoiceOver" to "Off".

That should do it.

Jim

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2011 9:51 AM in response to Pughfam

Pughfam,

It sounds like you have Universal Access turned on.

In your Dock (the line of icons at the bottom of your screen) click on the icon labeled "System Preferences" (it looks like a gear box).

When the panel opens, the last icon in the System will be "Universal Access" (a blue circle with a little man). Click the icon and the panel will change.

Under the heading "Seeing" set the radio buttons for "VoiceOver" to "Off".

That should do it.

Jim

There is black dialogue box on my mac mini that says everything that I do on my computer. How do I get rid of it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.