Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help. YouTube playback doesn't fit the screen

Whenever I play a YouTube video, the edges of the video seem to be cropped. Everything else fits the screen just fine.

Anyone else having these problems? How can I fix this?

I am using ATV2 on a 720p LCD TV.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2016 12:00 AM

JJust wanted to confirm that it is a TV setting issue. I had this exact problem with my Apple TV and Panasonic plasma HDTV, it was only noticeable watching youtube game replays Etc. After trying a few things I found the option in my TV for MENU >SETUP>OTHER SETTINGS>16:9 OVERSCAN. When I turned this to "off" it fixed the cut off issue perfectly.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2016 12:00 AM in response to bernardofromgrand prairie

JJust wanted to confirm that it is a TV setting issue. I had this exact problem with my Apple TV and Panasonic plasma HDTV, it was only noticeable watching youtube game replays Etc. After trying a few things I found the option in my TV for MENU >SETUP>OTHER SETTINGS>16:9 OVERSCAN. When I turned this to "off" it fixed the cut off issue perfectly.

Jul 18, 2011 6:15 PM in response to vazandrew

It's everything i've tried on YouTube.

Here's a sample video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGaCOX7vGfM

Watching it with Apple TV, it looks "zoommed in", the first line of numbers in the top right corner is completely cut off. This "cutoff" goes equially all around.

Another example is this currently featured video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDIP-0XElCU&feature=featured

I noticed the difference because the text in the bottom gets cutoff

Jul 18, 2011 6:45 PM in response to vazandrew

Update: I went through a few tests and figurd it out on my system. I switched my TV aspect from 16:9 to what it calls Screen Fit, which it describes as displaying the full Native HD signal.

You will need to have a look at your TV manual and see what to do on your system. I knew it was a TV issue just needed to play around for a few minutes.

Good luck!

Help. YouTube playback doesn't fit the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.