Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

?A large arrow points to search field when i press shift key???

Hello! For some unknown reason a large ouline of a shadowed arrow pointing up about an inch below the menu bar on the left side. Also, if I hit command shift it makes an outline of the command symbol appear, just like the arrow. It appears when i use any of my browsers or programs, text edit, finder, etc... I am concerned it may be a virus, trojan or worm! I have run Disc Utility and iAntivirus. Anyone have any idea what is going on? All help is greatly appreciated!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 3:52 AM

Sticky Keys may have become activated.

Open the Universal Access item in System Preferences (Apple menu). Click the button for Keyboard. Check to see if Sticky Keys has been turned on. If it has, turn it off.

If you have no need for Sticky Keys, you can also uncheck the next item on that page, "Press the Shift key five times..." to prevent accidental activation of Sticky Keys.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2011 3:52 AM in response to 4request

Sticky Keys may have become activated.

Open the Universal Access item in System Preferences (Apple menu). Click the button for Keyboard. Check to see if Sticky Keys has been turned on. If it has, turn it off.

If you have no need for Sticky Keys, you can also uncheck the next item on that page, "Press the Shift key five times..." to prevent accidental activation of Sticky Keys.

?A large arrow points to search field when i press shift key???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.