Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer crashed and Iphone died...

I was updating my Iphone 4 16 Gb with the latest Itunes update when my computer crashed all of sudden...

When I rebooted my comp all my iphone said was connect to itunes..I tried doing that but it says that my iphone is in recovery mode...

I tried restoring it but it says my phone cant connect to the restore thingy nor can it detect it...or that the restore sever is unavailable at the moment..I'm literally freaking out...I've bought this for my bday the 10th of july and now I get the feeling it died..Please someone help...

iPhone 4

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 1:39 PM

2 replies

Jul 19, 2011 4:33 PM in response to Mike Vd

So you try to restore and it says it can't contact the Apple Update Server? Do you have any firewalls or anti-virus programs on your computer?

I'm not sure, the servers may be acting wonky because I have had a lot of customers with that same error today, it has usually just been a matter of trying until it works.

Computer crashed and Iphone died...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.