Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email photos using iPhoto 11

I have two iMacs: an Intel Core Duo and an Intel Core i7. Both have iPhoto 11. I have set up the iPhoto Mail preferences identical to the Mail preferences on both computers. With the Intel Core i7 it works fine. I can email photos directly from iPhoto. But, with the Intel Core Duo I keep getting error messages that the user/password does not match. I have double checked both iPhoto and Mail preferences and they do match. So, this appears to be a glitch. I don't know whether it has anything to do with the Core Duo or not. (Note: I know I can email photos from Mail, but with 10,000 photos it takes much more time finding the photos than if doing it in iPhoto --- i.e. one of the reason I upgraded from iPhoto 9 to 11). Can anyone help?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Intel Core Duo

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 2:51 PM

5 replies

Jul 19, 2011 3:27 PM in response to dwcoop

Are you able to email from outside iPhoto with the Intel Core Duo? If not then it's a question for the Snow Leopard/Mail community.

You can try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder.

3 - launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding down the Option key when launching iPhoto. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

Next try reapplying the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo followed by a repair of disk permissions with Disk Utility.

OT

email photos using iPhoto 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.