Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store in India

The itunes store is not accpeting my UCO Bank Debit VISA card that has netbanking enabled. I purchased some credit from airtel website, so the online banking thing works but in itunes it doesnt accept it.

I get a 'Your payment method was declined. Please enter valid payment method information'.

If I put in a wrong sercurity code I get 'Please enter valid security code'. So when I put in the wrong info & right info its able to defferentiate but am still stuck with 'Your payment method was declined.....

Any help please? Maybe someone else has had problems with their Indian Debit Cards, or maybe none of them work :/

Can I get someone to tell me the cards they use to get itunes working in India?

Very frustrating stuff :/

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 4:02 PM

16 replies

Dec 30, 2012 1:19 PM in response to dane909

If these are prepaid debit cards that you load with funds yourself, the iTunes system does not accept them.

iTunes usually accepts a VISA or MasterCard logoed debit card that is issued from a local bank and directly tied to a demand deposit account in the bank. iTunes usually treats this type of debit card the same as it would a VISA or Mastercard issued from the same local bank.

iTunes Store in India

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.