Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating websites in iWeb

I only use iWeb 06. I feel it's much better than the later versions. But, let's say I wanted to update all my iWeb 06 sites to the latest version of iWeb. Would I need to run them through the upgrade process via each version of iWeb?

I'm asking this because I have all versions of iWeb on my Mac. I was not sure if it would be safer to update version by version or just take all my 06 sites and update with 09.

Thanks 🙂

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 9:36 PM

2 replies

Jul 19, 2011 11:22 PM in response to cocktail5555

If you have all of them, you only need to upgrade the sites by opening your domain files with iWeb 09 - you don't have to go through iWeb 08 as far as I am aware.

However, I'm not sure how you can have 3 different versions of iWeb on one computer? Once you upgrade iLife, it will upgrade everything and not just leave 3 separate version of iWeb.

Jul 20, 2011 11:49 AM in response to Ethmoid

The iWeb updaters and installers will only affect the application that is named "iWeb.app". If you rename one iWeb 2.0.4 or iWeb 3.0.2 it wil not be affected. So it's possible to have multiple versons of an iApp on a Mac.

The big problem is not opening a domain file with a later version if you want it to remain at the earlier version. Must use care.

OT

Updating websites in iWeb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.