Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i set a custom crop size?

i was wondering if i could set a custom crop size? i work as a cinematographer and am constantly needing to crop my photos to a custom size.... i usually crop them to either 2.4 to 1 and constrain the size... or sometimes 1.85 to 1.... is there a way to have these ratios saved in my menu? at the moment i have to reset it every single time that i crop a photo... at the moment the menu offers only limted sizes... 16 by 9, 4 by 6, etc....

i would appreciate any help as this would save me a lot of time...

thanks,

josh

g5 desktop, intel macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 6:47 AM

3 replies

Jul 20, 2011 8:59 AM in response to panahead

Hi Josh -- Afaik, you cannot save a custom crop size after setting it.

Three workarounds come to mind.

. Find where Aperture stores the crop constrain presets, and hack it.

. Keep cropped images with your custom aspect ratio handy, and Lift and Stamp.

. Use a macro program such as Keyboard Maestroand execute a macro that inserts your custom aspect ration. (This is easy to do with Keyboard Maestro -- I'm sure there are others.)

Jul 20, 2011 10:02 AM in response to panahead

thanks.... i also have found that if i set the aspect ratio to custom and then enter my ratio (ie: 2.4 to 1) then crop the 1st photo and then when i move to the 2nd photo if i then hit the "c" key it launches the crop function and retains my custom aspect ratio.... and i can keep going from photo to photo and use the "C' key to crop.... it helps...

can i set a custom crop size?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.