6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2011 1:17 PM by JWolf74
B. Kennedy Level 3 Level 3 (635 points)

This is scary.  Where is the migration path to upgrade from Snow Leopard?

• JWolf74 Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

That is a good question.

If I am running Snow Leopard Server and upgrade to Lion, will my server settings stay unchanged so that when I add Lion Server things will be fine?

• John.Kitzmiller Level 3 Level 3 (870 points)

For now, the only way to know is to try.

I plan to attempt this tonight on my own server at home. I also plan to have 2 tested backups before I do so, in case something goes wrong. I'll report back tomorrow with my findings, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone beats me to it.

• Dirtylobster Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Now I am starting to be a little bit upset. I was under the impression I could use my new Lion license on more than one box. This is what happens if I try to apply either Lion or Lion Server on my Snow Leopard Server:

Screen Shot 2011-07-20 at 7.46.00 PM.png

It want more dollars... Not only Server dollar but also Lion dollars that I already paid!

Perhaps if I reformat and install Lion with the stand alone installation I would perhaps get away with the extra Server fee alone but this is basically what happens when you click install in the appstore...

edit: 90 bucks since most of you have no idea how much 608kr is

Yeah, I found that out too.

Upgraded one non-server machine first, and now that I want to do the server I run into that error.

• Yannick Rose Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)

I already tested all that and ran with problems with the Web service and NAT gateway like i said on another thread.

If you have a second machine to upgrade (not the server), you can start the install.  Once it gets download, and before you install, there is an App in your Applications folder called "Install Mac OS X Lion".

Copy that to your server.  Copy the Server App to your server.  Put both in the Applications folder.  Run the OS X Lion Installer and everything will be peachy.

You need to copy the file before you install Lion, otherwise that file disappears.