Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

iBook is slow

270 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2006 5:16 PM by Lizz RSS
Lizz Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 16, 2006 1:25 PM
I have had my iBook for less than a year. For the last month, I notice that it takes a full three minutes for the laptop to boot up. It used to be lightening fast and it is much slower than my husband's Windows laptop or slower than I remember my old laptop working. Programs run slowly. Such as Safari. When I am using Word, sometimes I type many letters before they appear on the screen. I have a I don't have a lot of "stuff" on it. I use it primarily for Word Processing and Email. I have photos, but I even deleted Garage Band to save space. On Windows, I knew how to check for things that might have been slowing the machine, but here I have no clue. I live near an Apple Store and plan to take it there. So far, I haven't had any help from them on this. They are busy. Any ideas and help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

iBook G4   Mac OS X (10.4.4)   New to Apple: Happy but Clueless
  • Allan Eckert Level 8 Level 8 (39,335 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 16, 2006 1:54 PM (in response to Lizz)
    Hi Lizz;

How much memory do you have?

How much free disk space do you have?

Allan
    tiger
    PowerMac G5 Quad, Mac OS X (10.4.3), 7800 GT, 6.5 GB RAM, 440 GB, Nikon N80, Nikon D70, Nikon Coolscan 5000ED

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.