Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook is slow

I have had my iBook for less than a year. For the last month, I notice that it takes a full three minutes for the laptop to boot up. It used to be lightening fast and it is much slower than my husband's Windows laptop or slower than I remember my old laptop working. 😟 Programs run slowly. Such as Safari. When I am using Word, sometimes I type many letters before they appear on the screen. I have a I don't have a lot of "stuff" on it. I use it primarily for Word Processing and Email. I have photos, but I even deleted Garage Band to save space. On Windows, I knew how to check for things that might have been slowing the machine, but here I have no clue. I live near an Apple Store and plan to take it there. So far, I haven't had any help from them on this. They are busy. Any ideas and help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

iBook G4 Mac OS X (10.4.4) New to Apple: Happy but Clueless

Posted on Jan 16, 2006 1:25 PM

3 replies

Jan 16, 2006 5:16 PM in response to Lizz

Allan: I found it. Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: iBook G4
Machine Model: PowerBook6,5
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.2)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1.2 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 768 MB
Bus Speed: 133 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.8.7f1
55 GB Harddrive
43.17 available

Hope you have some advice; it's really slow. Web pages open painfully slow and I have a fast connection. I tried "repairing permissions."
Thanks so much for you help.
Lizz

iBook is slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.