Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail and SSL IMAP

Hi !

Just after upgrading to Lion, I started Mail just to find out that it is now unable to connect to my IMAP account. It continues to ask the password lamenting the impossibility to login correctly. The account is protected through SSL and a simple username/password authentication scheme. It worked as a charm till the upgrade.

Note that also other software (e.g. Direct Mail) that tries to access the same imap server fails in the same way as Mail does. The console doesn't seem to show any specific message.

Ideas ?

Mail-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 11:18 AM

4 replies

Jul 20, 2011 12:17 PM in response to leonino_c

I am having issues also after Lion upgrade with my mail.

AOL and Gmail are fine, but my MS Exchange account is horrible. Account now appears twice, signature would not work (finally fixed by adding it to "both/duplicate" accounts") grouped messages do not appear as they should, or do in the other accounts, messages load slow. So far this aspect of Lion is terrible.

It also asks for my password multiple times.

Jul 21, 2011 4:21 AM in response to leonino_c

I subscribe to the above problems. When I try to connect to the mail server at my job (IMAP) using SSL (993), the connection fails. However, when I am in the intranet and I switch to the non-SSL connection (available only from the inside on port 143), the connection succeeds.

Everything worked fine until I upgraded to Lion. And everything works fine on the iPhone / iPad.

I tried creating the account from scratch, even logged in as another user (I thought that maybe there were some caching / certificate problems). Still the same behaviour.

Help?

Mail and SSL IMAP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.