Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash player controls (for live streaming video) frozen...

Hello,

Lion, Flash Player, and CNN's live-video player are not playing together nicely on our 2010 MBP 13". In fact, they're not playing.

Have tried the latest suggested fix, which is to right click on the errant video stream, then disable hardware acceleration. Unfortunately, right clicking brings up a "frozen" settings box. None of the buttons can be clicked, not even cancel.

Have accessed Flash Player through the Control Panel, but there is no switch there for hardware acceleration.

Bottom line, am now unable to view live video content from CNN and others.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash. Have tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome. And am not a step closer to a solution. Was hopeful that today's install of Lion would set things right, but alas...

Your suggestions greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13 (2010), iMac 17 FP, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 4:40 AM

Interestingly, the only way I was able to access an "un-frozen" set of Flash Player controls (via right-click) was by going to livestream.com, clicking the full-screen button, and [then] right-clicking. Was then able to deselect the hardware acceleration button. From that point on, have been able to view live streaming video at CNN.com and other sites.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2011 4:40 AM in response to CreativeSmith

Interestingly, the only way I was able to access an "un-frozen" set of Flash Player controls (via right-click) was by going to livestream.com, clicking the full-screen button, and [then] right-clicking. Was then able to deselect the hardware acceleration button. From that point on, have been able to view live streaming video at CNN.com and other sites.

Jul 21, 2011 6:24 AM in response to Marc Lostracco1

About a half-hour after making the changes I outlined above, and long after I closed the active Safari window, noticed that my MBP was uncharacteristically hot. Extremely hot!

Opened Activity Monitor and saw that Flash Player was still running (?) and using a tremendous amount of system resources. I then quit Safari altogether. Within moments, the heat began to subside.

May be something you want to keep an eye on...

Jul 21, 2011 6:31 AM in response to CreativeSmith

Also seeing this on my MBP, with the fan running almost continuously but no one app showing as using unusual resource. At the moment, total CPU is about 10% but the fan is still running!!

Also upgraded to Lion on my old MBP (2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) and have no probs with the fan. I vaguely remember a similar problem a couple of versions ago of OS X.

Flash player controls (for live streaming video) frozen...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.