Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion Will Not Recognize Permissions Buttons in Flash Webcam

I have tried this on both Safari and Chrome and get the same problem. If I am on a web site which allows one to transmit video via Flash I enable the camera and get as far as having the dialog box pop up to specify video is connecting. That box warns you that the program wants to access your camera and microphone and has a Deny and an Allow button. When I mouse over the buttons, pressing on them has no effect at all. There is no way to authorize the cam (or even to deny it) all one can do is close the dialog and forget about the cam. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a workaround?

intel iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 1:26 PM

OK, found that Adobe knows about this bug and says it will be fixed. Meanwhile. Here is the link to the Adobe bug report:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2918693

Adobe revenge for the iPad maybe? Wouldn't put it past them!

5 replies

Jul 25, 2011 1:10 PM in response to NeilShapiro

I found a solution...

First of all I discovered installing lion did NOT install the 10.3 beta of Flash Player for Lion -- so I had to install that manually.

The permissions button still didn't work when i tried to used my webcam on JustinTV but I found a work around.

Right click on the options button on the bottom of the flash permissions window adn choose global settings.

From there you can choose to allow specfici websites to use your camera microphone. I gave www.justintv permission and it no longer comes up with the permission window and the cam/mic work immediately.

If security is a concern for you can simply go back to the system panel and change to toggle back to "always ask" again after you broadcast.

Anyway it's workable solution until Adobe updates their player.

Aug 6, 2011 4:47 AM in response to pennyfromgunn

Seriously doubt you can roll it back. But why would you? Apple made it to be *better* then Snow Leopard. There is no way, Lion can be worse or cause problems over Snow Leopard

(yes, sarcasm)

Apple doesn't even allow to put an older OS on a Mac then that the Mac came with. So if you need Snow Leopard adn a new Mac, your S out of luck. (other then used, which isn't new or possibly a refurb unit from Apple)

I would think a SL install DVD & timemachine could roll you back. (but untested, just speculation)

(another reason to use SuperDuper or CarbonCloneCopier every once in a while; and right before a major upgrade)

Lion Will Not Recognize Permissions Buttons in Flash Webcam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.