Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small subset of songs in itunes but not making it to iPod. Help!

Hi,
I upgraded my three year old Gen 2 20 gig ipod to a 60 gig video ipod. Recently it's starting acting odd. I have songs on iTunes that do not appear on the ipod. About 5 or 6 of them I understand, since they are copy protected. However there are several dozen tracks for which there is no reason i can think of. They transferred fine to my old iPod. The thing they have in common? Well, in my library, viewed through windows, they're in an 'unknown album' folder, although through iTunes the album title is just blank. It's infuriating and I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Thanks very much,

Dan

iPod Video 60 gig., Windows XP, iTunes 6.0.1.3

Posted on Jan 16, 2006 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2006 2:12 PM

If you are viewing your songs via the "Artists" menu, the problem may be that some songs by a particular artist have an album name, while others (the ones that are missing) have a blank album name. Try assigning an ablum name to the ones that are blank. You should then see them on your ipod under the "Artists" selection.

Windows XP Pro

5G 30gb iPod video Windows XP Pro
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2006 2:12 PM in response to Dannyblue

If you are viewing your songs via the "Artists" menu, the problem may be that some songs by a particular artist have an album name, while others (the ones that are missing) have a blank album name. Try assigning an ablum name to the ones that are blank. You should then see them on your ipod under the "Artists" selection.

Windows XP Pro

5G 30gb iPod video Windows XP Pro

Jan 16, 2006 2:22 PM in response to dayphx

That's a very helpful, quick and good response. Thanks. I tried it and it works as a fix to the problem. So that's something!

It is however somewhat annoying to have to give fake album names to all songs currently without album titles (about 2000 tracks). This did not occur before having updated the ipod with the latest updater, or on my old iPod.

So thanks for your help and I'll do that for now, but if Apple are reading and looking at things to change in the next software version it would be good to revert to how things used to be!

Small subset of songs in itunes but not making it to iPod. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.