Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get pass the big "shake off" from the server app

The Lion server install went fairly well. Noticed it did not keep my Active Directoy bindings correct. I rebound to AD and now I cant get into the server app. It shakes me off. I can log into the server..but not the server managming app. I unbound...it still shakes me off.

Any thoughts?

I did try putting in the local address... 127.0.0.1 no go...

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 2:11 PM

9 replies

Jul 24, 2011 2:31 AM in response to Anthony Martin

I'm having the same problem.

It was working correctly.

I don't know if there is a connection or not, but I booted into the utilities and they reported permission errors.

I had it fix those and I am seeing the same symptoms now as you.

The Lion server application gives me the shake off if I attempt to log in and the server tools give me a message that it can't connect.

I did the permission repairs because my VPN server was failing and I found suggestions online that the error could be caused by file corruption, which the utilities didn't find.

Oct 25, 2012 7:54 PM in response to MBA in Texas

For completeness I add my experience.

My server was a fresh ML install and the settings and data from a Lion server had been migrated onto it. Also prior to the migration, Server.app had been intalled and then deleted by deleting in LaunchPad.

I had the shake problem logging in, and a quick glance at the log showed this had something to do with a certificate. I checked out the System Keychain and there was an expired com.apple.servermgrd certificate which must have been transfered from the old server.

I tried the suggested remedy of relaunching the daemon, but the plist was missing.

The cure to these ills was to uninstall and reinstall Server.app. This created a new certificate and the plist file after which it all works great.

Incidentally worth mentioning is that the Migration Assistant moved everything from the old server including the OD master and the contents of /usr/local. It was very impressive but did need aroound 9 hours for 250GB.

How do I get pass the big "shake off" from the server app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.