Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do i need to backup my information before installation of Mac os x lion? I know I should always back up, but what i'm asking is will my information be there, or is it a totally clean install? Will my information have to be transfered?

Do i need to backup my information before installation of Mac os x lion? I know I should always back up, but what i'm asking is will my information be there, or is it a totally clean install? Will my information have to be transfered?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 2:56 PM

Your information will be preserved unless something goes wrong. That's why it's highly recommended to have a backup, and preferably a clone of the entire drive, to fall back on if something does go amiss, as can happen.

Regards.

2 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.