Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Glitch in Lion?

I just installed lion today, but now I think I found a glitch. When I close the lid to my MacBook and reopen it later the computer wakes up fine, but then when I click anything on the screen the screen goes black. The only way I can get the screen to light up again is to close and reopen the lid again, but then when I click something it goes black again. The only way to stop all this is to restart my computer. Is this happening to anyone else?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 2:34 PM

5 replies

Jul 20, 2011 5:44 PM in response to thomas_r.

Well actually I went to the apple store because when I went to restart my computer the screen wouldn't light up. Come to find out it is a bug in the new OS, there was actually an apple store employee who was having the same problem. There was an error that was causing my display to shut off. The guy in the genius bar ran the recovery HD and then the disk utility, he scannned for errors, and then repaired the errors. That fixed my problem.

Glitch in Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.