Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Trackpad and Lion

I just upgraded to Lion and also bought a magic trackpad, i knew i had to install the magic trackpad and multitouch update but did'nt know that i had to before upgrading to Lion, now that i have Lion the trackpad update says that it doesn't support Lion. Is there gonna be a new update or may be i didn't download the right one but can't find any other,

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 5:54 PM

You don't have to install the multitouch update. It has native support in both Lion and the later versions of Snow Leopard. You Trackpad should be fully functional right now.

Regards,

Captfred

12 replies

Jul 21, 2011 6:47 PM in response to Ramses Salazar

I also upgraded to Lion on my iMac and bought a magic trackpad. They sure worked great in the store. However, I can't get the two finger scroll to work. The other gestures seeme to work. I've turned it on and off, unpaired and repaired, unchecked all the trackpad gesture preferences, closed preferences, reopened preferences and checked all of them again. Any help would be appreciated.

Jul 25, 2011 3:55 PM in response to TommieC

I was facing the same problem with my iMac late 2008! Magic trackpad wouldn't recognize 4 fingers gesture to enter in mission control in the vertical, but changed between desktops using 4 fingers gesture in the horizontal! Besides that, magic trackpad wouldn't let me drag icons or drag windows to move them around! I tryed doing what Tommie expleined and it worked! Both issues were solved! Thanks!

Magic Trackpad and Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.