Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunesHelper dissapear after LION and iTunes 10.4 update

Hi everybody,

after i upgrade to LION and the new 64bit iTunes, I notice that ituneshelper cannot be found by my Login items...

has anybody same problem???? How can I fix it?

User uploaded file

thanks in advance...

Jan

MacBook Pro 15, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 4 GB RAM

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 4:38 PM

Open the iTunes program package (in /applications) by control clicking and selecting contents. Find ituneshelper in /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/MacOS. Drag the ituneshelper program into login items. Delete the defective program reference in login items.

Jan B P

23 replies

Jul 23, 2011 2:18 AM in response to JanBP

JanBP wrote:

Open the iTunes program package (in /applications) by control clicking and selecting contents. Find ituneshelper in /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/MacOS. Drag the ituneshelper program into login items. Delete the defective program reference in login items.

Jan B P

I haven't updated to Lion yet (I have 10.6.8) but I got this problem when I updated iTunes to 10.4. However, I applied your fix and it worked. Thanks JanBP!

Message was edited by: BrianInCalifornia Removed redundancy in text

Aug 15, 2011 4:52 AM in response to JanBP

I did a reinstall of iTunes but the iTunes Helper app can be more simply be activated under Lion by going to first page (Summary) unchecking Open iTunes… hit Apply then checking Open iTunes… hitting Apply when a Dialog comes up to make certain that's what you want. I think the Helper is then set up in the Login Items of Accounts. Yes the defunct older app has to be manually killed from that list.

iTunesHelper dissapear after LION and iTunes 10.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.