Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off Lion's ical automatically set alarms?

I just upgraded to Lion and have been fine tuning ical. When I add a new event to one particular calendar, two alerts are automatically set (email and message). When I turn them off, shut the window and reopen the event, the alerts are back. How can I get the alarms to stay off and how can I set it so the default is for "none" in the alarm pull-down? Other calendars are working okay in this respect. I feel like there is a gremlin playing with my mind!

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), Intel processor, 8 gigs ram

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 3:59 PM

3 replies

Jun 7, 2013 2:46 PM in response to aphiffer

that's it! that feature's been driving us nuts for weeks! Spitting and cursing about Apple Mail when it was Google doing it all along.

BTW, there's another problem which makes it impossible to delete the spurious alerts (unless you know what the problem is) - synching only happens if the title or date/time of an event changes. Otherwise edits are ignored.

https://support.google.com/calendar/known-issues/15494?hl=en - the last item "Changes made only to reminders are not synced"...

*Sigh!*

Turn off Lion's ical automatically set alarms?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.