Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scrolling/other gestures not working after Lion upgrade - Any suggestions?

So far the only gesture that seems to work on my iMac with Magic Mouse is the two fingered swipe to the left and right to switch between full screen apps / mission control / etc.

Scolling, double click to open mission control, etc do not work despite options selected in the Mouse preferences pane.

Have trie swapping mouse over but no joy and my Macbook, which is also upgraded works with no problems.

Any suggestions to try and get things working would be gratefully received.

Michael

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 4:21 PM

14 replies

Jul 20, 2011 9:52 PM in response to Michaelfromtrinity

I'm actually having the same problem with my iMac and Magic Mouse. I lost my right-click. I also do not have Mission Control (it doesn't work anyways even clicking the app), and I don't have Swipe Between full-screen apps. I can swipe with two fingers but only get the Dashboard. Annoying! Please let me know if you find a fix.

I did get my right-click back. I had to unpair and pair my Magic Mouse. The other features do not work though.

Jul 21, 2011 8:43 AM in response to Michaelfromtrinity

Did you read this Apple link--http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3857 ?

My mac is does not support the multi touch track pad. But the workaround is to use Option Key + an L or R arrow. For Mission Control it is Option Key + Up arrow.

But my 2 finger scrolling is touchpad fingers from bottom to top scrolls the page and content down!! The Systems preference clicked or unclicked for 2 finger movement in direction of content is irrelevant; it doesn't do a thing

Jul 21, 2011 8:55 AM in response to Michaelfromtrinity

I'm using a Logitech Performance MX mouse and after installing Lion, the calibration or whatever is messed up. For example, whereas before I would scroll the wheel on top of the mouse to move down the page or document, doing so now moves me UP the page (and vice versa, scrolling the wheel away from me toward the screen moves me DOWN the page). I don't see a fix for that in System Preferences. I can probably adapt, but should I really have to?

Yes, I know, Apple wants me to use the trackpad now rather than a mouse. Well, sorry. I am set in my ways.

When I open the Finder to find a photo, my windows are also inverted. Items that were at the top of the list are now at the bottom and I don't see any way of inverting back as you could before. What the...?

Scrolling/other gestures not working after Lion upgrade - Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.