Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restart paused lion download?

I started downloading OS X Lion via the App Store today, but then had to restart my Mac.

After restarting, the OS X Lion icon was still in the doc, though clicking it did nothing.

I tried clicking the "install" button on the OS X Lion via the App Store, but still nothing happened.

Am I missing something? I already bought it and installed it on my work mac. All I need to do is install it on my home mac. Why is this so fugged up?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 4:44 PM

14 replies

Jul 21, 2011 1:21 PM in response to redmacman

i have the same problem as everyone,

tried everything and it still won't resume.

anyone got anything usefull figured out ?

how many user are left hanging like that ?

Edit : it worked again all by itself,

just have to keep trying i guess,

or maybe it needs time to re-calculate the download resume ?

no idea, anyways i'm glad it worked again

good luck for anyone still stuck on this.

Message was edited by: Staraway

Jun 4, 2013 1:46 PM in response to redmacman

For me this was solved by clicking in the upperleft menu on "store" >"search uncompleted downloads" then it just cancel paused items and probably resets some status things. After this my paused status dissappears and i could perfrom a fresh install. Besides, before this i was getting continuesly the 1004 error, which also was gone after this "trick". Goodluck.

How to restart paused lion download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.