Currently Being ModeratedJul 20, 2011 4:53 PM (in response to Josue Menjivar)
the title of the app is all in capital letter A's
Currently Being ModeratedJul 20, 2011 5:23 PM (in response to Josue Menjivar)
I am having the same issue... Cleared font cache, trashed font preferences, but problem is still apparent. The URLs that I have problems, are perfect when viewing in Firefox or Chrome.
Called AppleCare and I have been shuffled to the engineering team for Safari. They did RemoteAccess and said they will call tomorrow after they have had an opportunity to research this issue a little more.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 20, 2011 7:36 PM (in response to Josue Menjivar)
I had this same problem...this is what I did to fix it:
1. Quit Safari if you have it running.
2. Locate the folder 'Safari' in (normally) Macintosh HD>Users>your_user>Library>
3. Move folder 'Safari' to your desktop.
4. Start Safari. All pages should appear normal.
5. Quit Safari. Replace the new 'Safari' folder at the path above with the 'Safari' folder that you moved to your desktop.
6. Restart Safari.
This method allows you to retain all your history, preferences, extensions etc. Also note that by default it appears that 10.7 Lion hides your user Library. You will have to make it visible using a tool like Onyx or TinkerTool.
Hope this works for you!
Currently Being ModeratedJul 21, 2011 4:22 AM (in response to Josue Menjivar)
there is a problem displaying arial font, changing your standart font to helvetica or something alike will fix the problem. im still researching what went wrong with the arial Font.
Search your font library for arial. here the problem could be fixed by deleting an alternate arial font, probably safari cant handle the larger charset.
Message was edited by: brntns
Currently Being ModeratedJul 21, 2011 4:47 AM (in response to brntns)
You got it !
I turn off the Arial and everything is working fine!
Oh... it only helps with google.com but other sites have problems too...
Even on apple.com i have some problems.
It looks like a major Safari Font Bug
Currently Being ModeratedJul 21, 2011 4:57 AM (in response to Josue Menjivar)
By testing out i can say the following:
safari has got problems with some fonts that are more than one time in my font library. (i use Font Explorer X Pro)
The Fonts are:
- times new roman
If i only activate ONE of this fonts than safari shows me the websites correct.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 21, 2011 7:15 AM (in response to t_w)
I agree...my solution did not completely fix the problem...there were still sites that had localized spots of font rendering issues. As well, my 1Password popups still had issues.
Last night I also played with the basic fonts listed by you in your last post...but still seemed to be having some minor issues. Came back to my machine this morning and reloaded those pages...and haven't seen the issue yet.
Still not sure exactly what the solution it is...but I seem to be OK now...
Message was edited by: daveg57
Currently Being ModeratedJul 21, 2011 7:18 AM (in response to daveg57)
yes i found out a few more fonts.
for example: Trebuchet MS and Palatino.
The problem is always (on my machine...), that two "same" fonts are activated.
And it always happend on microsoft fonts