Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a track pad gesture to switch browser tabs in full screen mode?

Hi there,

I am trying to find a trackpad gesture to switch tabs in Safari or Chrome.

Please advise?

Thanks,

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 10:08 PM

Yes, there is a trackpad gesture to switch between tabs in the new Safari. Pinch-in, with 2 fingers, as if you wanted to zoom out. I figured it out on accident. Hope this helps! Solved my problem!

22 replies

Jul 29, 2012 8:50 AM in response to benedictfrombrooklyn

I've gone back in and tested this after reading your message. I am using a wireless trackpad with Mountain Lion, and this is how I am using it. I have safari opened, and multiple table are up; pinching in with 2 fingers will zoom out and reveal all of your tabs that you can flick through with 2 fingers. It's a useful gesture and I have been using it for the past few days. If that does not work, just verify your gestures are all turned on in the Trackpad Preferences, and the Mouse Preferences under Universal Access (in preferences). Just a simple pinch-in and swipe through your tabs! I'm doing it right now!

Aug 20, 2012 6:34 AM in response to debeenus

Ctrl + tab is great - but, you can use better touch tool to configure a gesture to perfom ctrl + tab for you in Safari only (which is what you really want), and ctrl + alt + tab as well.

Personally, I've configure tip on the top right to be ctrl + tab, and tip swipe wih left finger down to be ctrl + alt + tab.

I just hate taking my hand off the track pad!

Is there a track pad gesture to switch browser tabs in full screen mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.