There are a few things you could try. If one doesn't work then try the next.
- If you have been printing from Preview or TextEdit, try printing from Safari to see if the printer pauses.
- Open Print & Fax, select the printer and press the minus button under the Printers list to remove the printer. Then click the plus button to add the printer again.
- Still in Print & Fax, move the mouse over the Printers list and Control-Click (or right click). Select Reset printing system from the menu. This will remove all your printers but not the drivers, so you will only need to add the printer again.
- If the Xerox supports the PS or PCL printer languages, create another print queue but use the Generic PCL or Generic PS drivers instead of the Xerox driver.
I am having the exact same issue with my Xerox 6280. All worked perfectly until the install of Lion.
I removed the printer and re-added it and then tried printing again. I saw this message pop up in the print window: "This printer does not support IPP2, try using IPP1".... what do we need to do?
Pls. let me know if you managed to get it working and how...
Thanks Ham...that fixed it for me! I remember before Lion I was printing LPR ...don't know why the Lion install changed things but it did (even tho' I had set up via Bonjour the first time around, everything worked just fine prior to Lion.)
What I did now was to delete my print queue and re-add the Xerox Phaser 6280...I had to choose to add "OTHER printer" first after choosing to add another printer (by clicking on the plus sign) then proceeded as follows:
1. Select IP Printing from the first pull-down menu.
2. Select LPD/LPR from the second pull-down menu.
3. Enter the printer’s IP address in the Printer Address field.
4. Verify that the Queue Name field is blank.
5. Select the correct Xerox printer driver/corresponding PPD file from the pull-down menu.
6. Click the Add button. The printer is added to the list.
I also put my IP address into the "Location" field - don't know if I was supposed to or not but everything works 100% now:)
I also installed Lion at work here;
We use the xerox phaser 8560 DN @ our hospital.
everything was working fine with the 1.2 driver under snow leopard.
After the lion install, pressing the print button didnt do anything (paused).
I then downloaded and installed the new xerox lion driver (2.09) which at the end of the installation process asks me to locate my printer which i did using its IP address.
Now, trying to print, it doesnt pause anymore, the print job does proceed to the queue, but i get the error 'printer out of ink', which is definately not the case as it printed fine under snow leopard.
Could you please take the time to explain step by step what you did to get it working?
Thanks in advance!!!
Like, dhelmy, the simplest solution is to add the printer afresh using the GENERIC POSTSCRIPT DRIVER option over Bonjour. No ip addresses or other complexities to add. Works perfectly and so far supports all features.
Like everyone else I had the pause problem - most frustratingly as my printer is in another office. it would say it hadn't printed but in fact it had. Later, when 'resuming' the printer to print another job, it would print out the previous job all over again!
But the Generic Postscript really has worked perfectly so recommend it.