Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quark compatibility with lion

Anybody running Quark 8 or 9 under lion?

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 6:58 PM

6 replies

Jul 21, 2011 5:52 AM in response to kmaple

Hi kmaple,

as you might know, Quark doesn't yet officially support QuarkXPress under Lion:

http://forums.quark.com/t/21811.aspx

That said, to our current knowledge we do not know of any major issues of QuarkXPress 8 or 9 under Lion. Also user wikis report both versions to run under Lion. Still, as this is anecdotal, you should do your own tests before running QuarkXPress under Lion.

Quark is currently testing the final build of Lion with QuarkXPress 9 and will release a free update to QuarkXPress 9, called 9.1, in August. QuarkXPress 9.1 will be officially supported on Lion.

Regards
Matthias

Jul 27, 2011 12:26 PM in response to kmaple

I'm currently using Quark 8.51 with Lion an been working on a major project. Perhaps thirty-five hours of layout under Lion. So far so good. No problems to report

I did get couple of crashes when I initially launched Quark but Lion was still updating it's indexes and doing it's thing -- so I'm guessing that was it. Smooth sailing so far.

Aug 11, 2011 1:50 PM in response to kmaple

I had my laptop in for repair and use it to build a weekly newspaper. I had to rush to buy a back up because it wasn't going to be back to me in time for the next build. The back up had Lion on it. I had no choice but to use Quark with it because that's all I had. I initially crashed over and over, then after trashing prefs it seemed to work itself out long enough for me to build. Well, now that I'm done and ready to go in for the next project, it won't open at all now. Just crash after crash. Tech support gives me the same canned response that Quark 9 doesn't support Lion but it will in late August. ARGH!!!! Good thing my laptop came home, finally!

Aug 17, 2011 6:32 AM in response to kmaple

Just an update. I'm a publisher and have now completed to entire magazines using Quark 8.5.1 and Lion with no issues. I use Font Explorer to autmatically activate/turn off fonts as neded but not sure that has anyting to do with it. Anyway I'm really happy with stability of Quark 8 under Lion. Keepng my fingers crossed none of the upcoming Lion updates breaks that. 😉

Dec 12, 2011 9:14 AM in response to mstyeyes

I basicly had the same problems with crashes on every startup. Now, by checking the XTensions I found out, that the following maybe the cause, at least for me:

AVEOutPutStyleCore.xnt

AVEOutPutStyleUI.xnt

When I disabled them by moving the files to the "XTensions disabled" folder, everything worked fine for me, lets hope for long!

Does anyone knows, what these XTensions are for?

quark compatibility with lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.