Previous 1 2 3 4 Next 48 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2013 8:18 PM by WinForTheWin
onehas Level 1 (0 points)

Cannot get scrolling to work with Safari 5.1 on my two Windows machines.  No problems with IE, Firefox and Chrome.  Anyone else with this problem?  Any suggestions?

Dell Dim 9100
  • DanTheMacMan1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same exact situation here using 32bit windows 7 bootcamp install on my early 2009 macbook. Worked fine prior to this 5.1 safari update.

Dan the Mac Man

• michaelfrommaitland Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem on windows 64-bit machine.

Scrolling is very laggy and slow.

• Mondochuk Level 1 (0 points)

Same for me on Windows 7 Professional at work- scrolling hardly works at all. I have to almost spin the wheel ala wheel of fortune to get it to move at all.

Anyone have any clue?

• I-1-2-P Level 1 (0 points)

I tought I was alone, but it seems Apple introduced a new bug in 5.1. The scroll wheel does no longer work in Windows (7 64-bit). Could this be a side effect to the scroll behavior changes made in OSX Lion for the Macs? I just hope Apple reacts quickly, as it is a frustrating little bug. Fast scrolling to get to the meat is quite important these days and I use it a lot.

• I-1-2-P Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem is intermittently present in iTunes, so it could be a system-wide change made for OSX Lion and we are getting the fluke. I just found that the two-finger scrolling works fine on my new Thinkpad X1, so the problem is just with the mouse wheel.

• the-oz-man Level 1 (0 points)

Same exact problem on my work machine running windows 7 32 bit.  very frustrating and hoping for a quick update to this bug.

• JonBOY26 Level 1 (10 points)

Have just installed the latest Safari version on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and have the exact same issue as previously reported in that scrolling is extremely laggy.

I use 'KatMouse' on my Windows machine to enable me to scroll which ever window I mouse over without having to activate it, same as you can on a Mac (I strongly recommend trying 'KatMouse' on your PC if you haven't). Anyways, I thought KatMouse might have something to do with the lagging but that's obviously not the case given that other people are experiencing the same problem.

• Heymike Level 1 (65 points)

If it makes you feel any better, I have a 2006 iMac, and the scrolling in Safari 5.1 is terrible. It's not just windows. iTunes uses safari to render certain things, so that may be effected also.

• dherran Level 1 (0 points)

Having the same problem on Windows 7 32bit. After the update, I've got a broken scroll on Safari 5.1. Any clues if Apple is aware of this issue? This is annoying.

• MTEGuitar Level 1 (0 points)

I too am using Windows 7 32 bit with a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000.  Scrolling is very slow.  Eventually it will scroll but after many revolutions of the wheel.  I cannot replicate the behavior in iTunes 10.4 though.

• Gerry W Level 1 (0 points)

Same here, have to spin the mouse wheel like crazy to get a bit of scrolling action. Win 7 64 Bit, Microsoft Mouse, no IntelliPoint Software installed.

• JMR77 Level 1 (0 points)

Same here. Have to spin the wheel real fast and it will scroll, very jerky though. Windows 7 Pro 32bit. I would hate to have to switch back to firefox...

• nwcs Level 1 (130 points)

A lot of people are reporting this. I use Win 7 Pro 64 bit at work and Safari 5.1 scrolling is broken with the mouse wheel. I use a Logitech MX mouse. So what I did to work around it (for now) is to use the tilt buttons on the mouse wheel. I assigned left to page down and right to page up. It's kludgy but it works. I hope 5.1.1 comes out soon. No problems with my Mac at home, though.

• Spiritunicorn Level 1 (0 points)

I have also had this problem and managed to find a workaround.

The issue on my work computer was related to a Microsoft mouse with smooth scrolling, it seams that the new version of Safari does not support smooth scrolling properly.

With the Intelipoint software installed go to:

Control Panel >> Mouse Properties >> Wheel

And click 'Identify programs that don't scroll correctly...'.

Click 'Add' and add Safari to the list.

Click OK to close the windows.

Previous 1 2 3 4 Next