Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Zoom using scroll wheel while holding" is broken

Hello,

Since updating to Mac OS X 10.7 Lion this morning, the "Zoom using scroll wheel while holding" feature is broken.

In the mouse control panel the checkbox for "Zoom using scroll wheel while holding" is definitely checked. The default Control ^ key is selected. I verified I'm hitting the correct key on the keyboard using the keyboard viewer.

I've tried using this with 2 finger scrolling on my trackpack as well. I've also tried turning off most of the trackpack geustures.

I tried searching these forums prior to posting and found replies telling people with various different situations to turn this feature off. I want it on. I use it constantly.

I have a MacBook Pro Aluminum 13-Inch Mid 2010

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7 (11A511)

Any advise would be appreciated!

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 8:46 PM

22 replies

Jul 24, 2011 9:37 AM in response to philsown

Hello. Original poster here. I can confirm a few things after observing for a few days and trying stuff.

1) The Universal access fixes did nothing. I set & reset those settings til I was blue in the face.

2) I tried a "Repair Permissions" with the Disk Utility. No luck.

3) It works intermitently. After sleeping sometimes it works. After plugging into my external monitor sometimes it works on the external monitor but then if I unplug it won't work again. After a reboot somtimes it works, then after sleeping stops working. Kinda strange. When it works it works from both my external USB mouse and the trackpad, so I don't think it's the hardware.

I don't have Time Machine configured - been using Carbonite, but they're not compatible with Lion so might have to get Time Machine running anyway - but it's not a fix per se, since this oughta work all the time.

Jul 24, 2011 10:05 AM in response to philsown

philsown wrote:

Hello. Original poster here. I can confirm a few things after observing for a few days and trying stuff.

1) The Universal access fixes did nothing. I set & reset those settings til I was blue in the face.

2) I tried a "Repair Permissions" with the Disk Utility. No luck.

3) It works intermitently. After sleeping sometimes it works. After plugging into my external monitor sometimes it works on the external monitor but then if I unplug it won't work again. After a reboot somtimes it works, then after sleeping stops working. Kinda strange. When it works it works from both my external USB mouse and the trackpad, so I don't think it's the hardware.

I don't have Time Machine configured - been using Carbonite, but they're not compatible with Lion so might have to get Time Machine running anyway - but it's not a fix per se, since this oughta work all the time.

Please, try to activate the screensaver. I have configured the bottom left corner (system preferences/desktop screensaver) and that's all! No need of Time Machine trick.

By the way, send feedback to Apple about the problem.

"Zoom using scroll wheel while holding" is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.