Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logging in to Mac App Store on different Mac to install Lion?

Hey there folks, I hope this question isn't too confusing. I also hope it's not against any forum policies. I have two MacBook Pros and one of them is currently used by my mother. I gave it to her as a gift and upon giving it to her, I signed her in to her own Apple ID for the Mac App Store so she can buy her own apps. My question is- Could I log in to the Mac App Store with my ID for the purpose of installing Lion on her Mac, but then log her back under her own account? And if I do this, will it screw up Lion? Thanks in advance for any help! 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 9:18 PM

Short answer: Nope. 😟

The user agreement allows you to install the software on as many devices as you like <provided> they are all using the sam Apple ID. If you were to login to your own account in order to redownload Lion onto your mother's computer, you'd have a problem logging her back into her own ID. She'd lose access to apps and her iTunes-purchased content.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2011 9:18 PM in response to macguy90

Short answer: Nope. 😟

The user agreement allows you to install the software on as many devices as you like <provided> they are all using the sam Apple ID. If you were to login to your own account in order to redownload Lion onto your mother's computer, you'd have a problem logging her back into her own ID. She'd lose access to apps and her iTunes-purchased content.

Logging in to Mac App Store on different Mac to install Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.