Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.7 Lion Install - Drag and Drop no longer works

Just upgraded to Lion and my 'drag and drop' featuer works no where... No in finder (desktop to trash), Safari (customizing toolbar), or Dock (removing or rearranging icons). The rest of the track pad and all new gestures work flawlessly, but when I try to drag and drop an item it gets picked up and I can move it around, but it never 'drops'. The only way to get it off my cursor is to click the Apple logo in the top left corner.

I've done some digging but all the tips I find aren't pertinent to my situation, or reference files that I somehow can't find on my machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 4:37 AM

You can put your mac to sleep and wake him up to fix it until next reboot.

8 replies

Jul 21, 2011 6:48 AM in response to bbiron

I am having this issue too and bbiron is right, the only way to get the ghosted image of what you want to Drop detached from your cursor is to click the Apple menu.

In addition to all the intances bbiron mentioned, which are all replicable by me as well, it also happens when I'm trying to drag links or tabs in Safari/Chrome.

For the record, I did an upgrade from Snow Leopard and not a clean install of Lion. I'm using a MBP5,1 if that makes any difference as well.

Jul 22, 2011 1:58 PM in response to bbiron

Deleting the screensharing program (in my case iscreen, guess airdisplay, etc are the same) did solve all my issues -- as mentioned before drag and drop did not work, white screen in several programs, not menu bar in full screen, etc.

Lion is now running smoothly - so everybody having the same issue just delete airdisplay and co :-))))))

Aug 20, 2011 9:08 AM in response to bbiron

None of the solutions mentioned on other post works for me. I am trying to drag and drop from Itunes- it takes forever for me to move stuff over my network, so I have an external hard drive that I use. I have repaired permissions, I have re-booted, I have put to sleep then woken up nothing works. Also I can not copy and paste. I can copy but I can not paste anywhere. Solutions? Please??

10.7 Lion Install - Drag and Drop no longer works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.