Previous 1 2 Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2011 5:14 PM by William Shepherd
phaistonian Level 1 Level 1

Hello,

As many of us did, I upgraded to Lion yesterday.

Here are some issues I am facing I can't - though I tried all I could - figure out how to resolve them.

Trackpad's "Double-tap with three fingers to look up" & "Double-tip with two fingers to Smart Zoom" features are not working.

I have uninstalled MagicPrefs, MagicMenu and everything else I could think of, still I can't make this work.

Auto-corrections is not working

The new auto-correction feature is not working for me no matter what I did to make it work.

I did re-set the settings, toyed with the text prefs and more to no avail.

I would really appreciate any ideas on what I could do to fix those annoying issues.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)
Reply by richokun on Jul 21, 2011 9:14 AM Helpful

I have the same issues and cannot zoom or pinch to reduce size - I have scheduled a call with support and will post any answer I get later this afternoon.

Reply by neoonline on Jul 21, 2011 12:28 PM Helpful

It took me a while to figure this out.

It is not clicking with two fingers, but very gently tapping is the trich. Bin using this all day now and is working fine.

Maybe this helps. Not shown anywhere but working, even on my magic mouse.

All replies

• gcabrera Level 1 Level 1

I'm having the same issues.

• tranceman07 Level 2 Level 2

Same for me, too. Can't use look up no matter what! However, double tapping zoom seems to work okay. Just the three finger double tap to look up.

• gcabrera Level 1 Level 1

I think I might have solved the problem. Features appear to only work with Safari. I was trying to them with Firefox, silly me. What web browsers were you using?

• matcassell Level 1 Level 1

Got the same problem, using Safari and all the latest updates. Worked fine in the GM, but not in the retail release via the app store.

• phaistonian Level 1 Level 1

I am afraid that's not the case.

Tried it on Safari - same deal.

I am pretty sure it has to do with preferences migrated from Leopard to Lion.

Sad thing in any way.

• Paul Otteson Level 1 Level 1

For me, it's four finger gestures. They work erratically, if at all, and that's after trying every variation imaginable of finger shoices, speed, location on trackpad, spread of fingers, etc.

I would think that it has to be an actual physical issue related to the trackpad surface.

I wonder if heat is related -- it's hot as **** in my office.

Cheers,

Otto

• tranceman07 Level 2 Level 2

I tried it most software including Safari and doesn't work. Oh well, huh!

• richokun Level 1 Level 1

I have the same issues and cannot zoom or pinch to reduce size - I have scheduled a call with support and will post any answer I get later this afternoon.

That'd be great.

On an a rather related note, more and more minor issues are coming up, so my guess is that Apple will may need to come up with an upate of some sort rather soon.

• Doug Holm1 Level 1 Level 1

The most disappointing thing so for is that the track pad doesn't work. I am not sure why, but for me it stopped working after I downloaded three immediate upgrades, for iTunes, iWork Update 6, and Remote Desktop Client. After that, the magic track pad's functionality ceased, except for scrolling up and down. It is dangerous to turn on Dashboard from the dock, because then you are frozen there, as far as I can tell, and can only get out of it via a hard shut down. If Mail or Safari are expanded to full screen, you have to use a pull down menu to escape.

• peekmuay Level 1 Level 1

Wooo hooo I have friends

Mine is not working as well - Both one finger Smart Zoom and Two fingers Mission Control

I am using Magic Mouse ( wowwww Show me some magic please)

Oh well hopefully apple comes up with some solution, perhaps new OS X THE LION KING or OS X Hakuna matata

hahahah

• neoonline Level 1 Level 1

It took me a while to figure this out.

It is not clicking with two fingers, but very gently tapping is the trich. Bin using this all day now and is working fine.

Maybe this helps. Not shown anywhere but working, even on my magic mouse.

• Doug Holm1 Level 1 Level 1

I am trying to keep track of the tracking problems. Thus far it seems that on my computer:

• 3 fingers only scrolls up and down like 2 fingers, doesn't activate Mission Control.

• 4 fingers doesn't switch between full screen apps. This is the dangerous one if you get stuck in Dashboard full screen.

Gee, that was it !

Thanks!

Now: Let's see how will resolve this auto-correction issue:)

Previous 1 2 Next