Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing Annotations in Preview?

Was playing with annotations in Preview. I drew a rectangle on an image.

I closed the image and later reopened it because I needed to use it. The rectangle was still there. I forgot you don't have to save anymore.

So, I'm trying to get rid of the rectangle and for the life of me I cannot find anything in Preview that will allow me to select it and delete it. I hardly ever used them, but I thought annotations were kind of like a layer in Photoshop or individual objects that could be later removed or modified. Is it possible to get rid of them?

Thanks,

Tim

Mac Mini (late 2009), Mac OS X (10.7), 5 GB RAM

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 11:21 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2013 7:29 AM in response to Tim's Tree

Hi,

We can do the following:

1. First click on the ``select tool", either from the menu Tools>Select tool, or from the tool bar below the menu bar. Then the cursor changes to a cross ``+".

2. Move the cursor to the annotation you want to delete and click so that it is selected. Note that for rectanges and circles, it is necessary to click on the lines or cirves.

3. Then delete them by hitting the `delete' key or by choosing menu Edit>Delete.

Done!

Removing Annotations in Preview?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.