Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mission Control not showing spaces

When I open Mission Control, it does not show the Desktops/Spaces. It also doesn't shrink the wallpaper.

User uploaded file

And here's my MC prefences:

User uploaded file

I have tried disconnecting the secind display, but made no difference.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), Quad Core i5. 12GB RAM. Dual disp

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 11:28 PM

9 replies

Jul 21, 2011 6:01 AM in response to Chris in Oz

I have the same problem, spaces won't show at all on the mission control. I installed Lion few hours ago and in the beginning the spaces were shown correctly but suddenly stopped working.

I don't have external display connected to my imac. I installed (updated) the Logitech Control Center if this could affect the bug?

EDIT: I found out that this is caused by Path Finder. When I stop Path Finder, Spaces works again.

Jun 22, 2012 12:16 AM in response to J DiB

This problem also occurs on my MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.7.4 WITHOUT HAVING PATH FINDER INSTALLED.

I found another useful link identifying Dock as a possible cause:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/25806/mission-control-has-no-spaces-bac kground-image-doesnt-change-and-launchpad-bac

Giving command

killall Dock

in the Terminal command line makes Spaces re-appear,

Oct 19, 2016 4:02 PM in response to J DiB

This is not making full sense to me. Do I have to get path finder and then disable it to fix mission control? If that is what it takes. I'll do it!

When I made the decision not to have Path Finder, my primary motivation was insure Mission Control would have all its integrity but NO! I do not have path finder and Mission Control is failing in some its core duties. I have tried negotiating a settlement, threatening, ignoring, and use of brutality, but Mission Control shows not the slightest remorse and willingness to rehabilitate itself. It just keeps on slacking in performance its duties, regardless of its effect on me. Not exactly living up to the right stuff that makes the term Mission Control mean something, I know you cannot disagree with that! Not even debatable!

Maybe now that I have outed it, it will start walking the straight and narrow.

I yield the balance of my time.

Mission Control not showing spaces

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.