Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook2,1 trackpad scroll reverse!

Hi!

I install Lion on MacBook2,1 and hawe trackpad scroll problem. My trackpad scroll reverse. Two fingers drag up system scroll down. Please fix problem!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 11:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 11:55 PM

Open System Preferences > Trackpad and disable the setting "Scroll direction:natural".

7 replies

Jul 28, 2011 1:55 AM in response to PAHU

I was a little puzzled at first too. On my iPad and iPhone and even the Trackpad it´s fine but never on my mouse.

Since I´m also using PCs, that would just give me head ache.

Anyway is there a way too unlock the scroll dependancy between the trackpad and the mouse?

Since they both are Magic it should be possible...

Aug 16, 2011 9:16 AM in response to mortone

Seems like both of us want the same thing. I like the natural (new) scroll behavior on the trackpad where it indeed mimics the natural way of moving a sheet of paper up and down and the behavior of touch screen os'es out there. However I would like to disable it on the mouse where it does not feel natural, natural is what I'm used to in the last decades of working on a computer. Add to this the fact that I also use windows and it takes a smarter guy than I am to easily switch reflexes used when scrolling.

So, can you have it one way on the trackpad and the other on the mouse?

Later edit: I just found a way that's supposed to work and I am just testing it, a free app called scroll reverser. I still think this should come with the OS but till then let's hope this works ok.

MacBook2,1 trackpad scroll reverse!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.