Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Italian iMac wants free lion, but 1st: do I have Leopard?

I was hoping to upgrade to Lion on my new mid-June iMac purchase, while still re-learning all about Mac after being away (pc world) for many years. I think I first have to have Leopard before Lion but I need to know if indeed I have Leopard first...I have an iMac Intel 10.6.8, with no zoological references anywhere I can find on my computer. Please let me know what animal I have or am!

Then, I read something suggesting that the free offer was only good in the United States of Amerikey. What's that all about? I live in Italy and I would like it free too.

By the way, there was a report my wife told me about that Apple was not following Italian law, requiring two years of warrantee on all new purchases (of anything) and that MediaWorld (where we bought our computer) is capitalizing on this by selling a service extension (which we bought for 20 euros) that starts at the beginning of the second year (a year which should be already covered by law). Any comments?

Many thnx!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6), brand spanking new

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 1:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 1:02 AM

Snow Leopard is 10.6.?

LION is 10.7.?

If you are running 10.6.8 you are ready to upgrade to LION through the app store.

3 replies

Italian iMac wants free lion, but 1st: do I have Leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.