Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal still does not sync with exchange 2007 in Lion

Dear,

In Snow Leopard, iCal was not syncing with Exchange 2007. I read a lot of things on this and it all led to recurring events. Indeed, after deleting them, things started to work. But I cannot delete recurring events! I need them!

Seeing that there was soo much talk on this all over on apple, I assumed that Apple would fix it. Instead, all we're seeing is some enhanced UI.

Can somebody at Apple please make sure that this thing finally gets fixed? Really, how hard can it be, knowing that the hardware based i devices can sync without any trouble?

Just for extra information, so you know what direction to look for:

• I have Windows SBS 2008 in Dutch language. Timezone is Brussels. Exchange 2007 and all updates.
  • The system is running a self signed certificate
  • Outlook works fine on the Mac. I don't want to use Outlook on the Mac but am forced to at the moment.
  • Mail/Addressbook sync fine. Only Outlook doesn't!
  • I did try deleting recurrent events and this worked for a day. Basically stopped working I think when I added again those recurring events.

There are some errors in the console:

• 21/07/11 11:42:36,563 iCal: Couldn't find an NSTimeZone to match the SerializableTimeZone
  • 21/07/11 11:42:36,563 iCal: WARNING: Failed to find TimeZone Identifier for Windows MeetingTimeZone: (GMT+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlijn, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Wenen
  • 21/07/11 11:42:36,580 iCal: error = Error Domain=CalExchangeErrorDomain Code=-11 "iCal kan de activiteiten in de agenda 'Agenda' niet bijwerken." UserInfo=0x7fbe94adb8b0 {CalFailedOperationKey=<CalExchangeSyncFolderItemsOperation: 0x7fbe94102d40>, NSLocalizedDescription=iCal kan de activiteiten in de agenda 'Agenda' niet bijwerken., NSLocalizedFailureReason=De account 'Exchange' kan momenteel niet worden bijgewerkt.}

Please fix this,

Guido

Message was edited by: guido4096. Added error message

imac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 2:18 AM

13 replies

Jan 3, 2017 4:04 AM in response to cow07

yes.

But it is no longer needed. I found that finally this got fixed in macOS Sierra 10.12.2. The release notes indicate also what went wrong in the past:

Improves reliability of Calendar when using delegate calendars and snoozing Microsoft Exchange events.

I'm fairly sure this was related to the Snooze functionality. Probably when you did a snooze on a calendar item from iPhone.

Jul 21, 2011 10:30 PM in response to guido4096

I agree completely here.

This is crazy. My main reason for upgrading was to leverage some native apps and move away from Entourage. iCal still does not connect probably because of my recurring entries. The "fix" (mentioned on other threads) of removing recurring meetings is not a fix at all. I need these appointments and can't remove them. It is completely disfunctional that iOS can handle it, but not the MAC!!!

So..I cannot use iCal, I continue to use Entourage.

Apple, can you deal with this? If you don't know how, call the guys who wrote the Calendar for iOS. It's perfect.

Thanks

Mike

Mar 15, 2012 6:52 AM in response to guido4096

Hi all,

I do have exactly the same problem.

But I am adding a new flavor, but I can not understand it.

I've setup two Exchange calender connections. Both servers are inhouse. The setup of the Exchange servers are most likely the same.

But one works and one not! How could this be explained?

I like to express my deep disappointment about iCal and partly Apple Mail. It is unbelievable for me, that years after Apple's cooperation with Microsoft there are still such problems.

I like my Macbooks and I certainly have the absolutely full bandwidth of all Apple products in my household and companies. But I think I have to go back to Microsoft and Sony Laptops in the near future.

Although this kind of bugs are small one's, but the hurt constantly. Apple - please fix that.

Here just for the interested reader is my console error message:

3/15/12 11:51:29.819 AM iCal: error = Error Domain=CalExchangeErrorDomain Code=-11 "iCal can’t refresh events in the calendar “Kalender”." UserInfo=0x7f856d4bddb0 {CalFailedOperationKey=<CalExchangeSyncFolderItemsOperation: 0x7f856c5ca060>, NSLocalizedDescription=iCal can’t refresh events in the calendar “Kalender”., NSLocalizedFailureReason=The account "DR InfoDyn" currently can’t be refreshed.}

Oct 6, 2012 4:24 AM in response to guido4096

Ok, I think I found the actual problem. It is related to the "StartTimeZone" attribute on a recurring event. I wrote a .net program to set the StartTimeZone attribute of the calendar item and this fixes it. It is a bit weird though. The StartTimeZone attribute is null, I set it to the local value and save it. After saving and I do it again, the attribute is still null, but the sync issue with iCal is solved!

iCal is syncing again. Maybe this information can help apple to fix iCal so it can sync well without this workaround applied.

Guido

iCal still does not sync with exchange 2007 in Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.