Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Pinch to zoom" not working in the Finder

Hello everyone,

I just installed Lion on my Macbook Air 13 inches, and I cannot "pinch to zoom" anymore in the Finder or on the desktop. (but it works fine in Aperture for example)

Anyone has this problem ? I checked the options, but could not find anything.

Thank you for your help !

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 3:37 AM

60 replies

Jul 21, 2011 8:39 PM in response to Altazon

yes, what in the world is going on with this latest OS, even claimed to be world's most advanced!?

I was shocked enough when I realized no 4finger swipe to switch apps, and 3finger swipe to go back and forth between pages not working when you have 3finger drag enabled

now what's utterly frustrating is NO MORE PINCH TO ZOOM IN FINDER

this is like one of the most important functions in the OS, and it's gone!?

this must come back

please fix these in the next update

Jul 22, 2011 12:41 AM in response to Altazon

Improved multi-touch gestures my arse! Managed to get 3 finger swipe back by setting it to 3 fingers instead of two, but where's pinch to zoom? I'm not blind; I don't need it for safari or most other apps. I do want it when looking through loads of finder folders with differing numbers of icons which I want to view at different sizes depending what I'm looking for. It's the only place I used pinch in SL!!!

"Pinch to zoom" not working in the Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.