Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get App Store back once it was deleted

Hi there,

I deleted the App Store application with App Cleaner because I was thinking I don't need it. It is also deleted in the trash. Without App Store I cannot download the OS X Lion, and even if I would search in former updates to find the App Store.app I do not really know what files I have to restore too to get the program working. There is no link at apple.com where one can download the App Store nor does the Software update offer an option to re-install it. Is there any easy way to get either a .dmg file to re.install the app and its related files or can someone give me a list of the files I have to restore from my updates to run the App Store properly, or any hint how I could solve this problem?

Is the OS X Lion also available from Shops who sell it?

Thanks a lot for your input!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), App Store

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 11:00 AM

I found the solution: Download Pacifist and the 10.6.7. Combo Update and extract the App Store.app from that update into the app folder. Then every thing works fine.

1 reply

How to get App Store back once it was deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.