Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to uninstall Safari 5.1

I just did the most recent Software update and installed Safari 5.1, but I am still running Snow Leopard. Big mistake. Several websites that are important to me are not working properly. Not happy at all.

How do I uninstall 5.1 and go back to 5.0.5?

MacPro, iMac, MBPro 2.66 Intel Core i7, MackBook 2 G2, various G5's, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 1 TB Time Capsule (early 2009) & Airport Express

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 5:27 AM

46 replies

Jul 21, 2011 4:25 PM in response to Linc Davis

I will give it a whirl. I just reinstalled 5.1. The first warning was that the version of my browser does not support Community Toolbox. I am not even sure what that is, or if it is relevent.

I am trying to use a basecamp collaberation site, and the content appears like code.

Other sites seem to be painfully slow, although that could be because basecamp is struggling?

Jul 21, 2011 4:48 PM in response to Glen Grayson

Re: How to uninstall Safari 5.1
21-Jul-2011 15:05 (in response to Linc Davis)

Well, in my case, Safari 5.1 will not load ANY webpages whatsoever. Everything was fine, I installed the 5.1 update, did a reboot, and bang....nothing. Even http://www.apple.com/startpage/ won't load.

Good thing I had Chrome installed so I can look for help.

Darren

Thats exactly whats going with me since yestrday when I inst. 5.1

How to uninstall Safari 5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.