Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

chinese input disappeared after install lion

after bought the lion from app store and install it. i found there is no chinese input in the language setting

is it only buy in china then have it? how about the chinese user in overseas?

this is totally disappointing, and any expert can help me solve this problem? thank you

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 7:51 AM

11 replies

Jul 21, 2011 9:06 AM in response to chyzbn

chyzbn wrote:

is it only buy in china then have it? how about the chinese user in overseas?

All versions of OS X have always had Chinese input, no matter where you get them. Here is some info on it for Lion:

http://www.yale.edu/chinesemac/pages/osx7.html

I don't know why it would be missing. You could try creating a new user account and see if the problem is still there when you log into that.

Jul 21, 2011 8:34 PM in response to chyzbn

I have the same problem a well.

I have tried tom's suggestion, and the input appears on the new account created.

But it would be a painful thing to do to strt using a new account for that.

So I called apple , and they don't have solution either, just simply asked me to reinstall the OSX lion n see what happens.

Reinstalling.......

Jul 22, 2011 7:23 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Suddently the problem have gone away by itself and works on every app I've tried, including TextEdit (I didn't even restart the computer).

I don't know if the problem was in TextEdit as well or FireFox. I only use Safari and I rarely need to type Chinese except some posts on Facebook. However my wife types only in Chinese and I've asked her to take notes when this happens again.

Thanks.

chinese input disappeared after install lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.