Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad gesture to switch desktops stopped working.

Seemingly out of nowhere, the left/right swipe gesture to switch between desktops has stopped working.
I've rebooted a few times and tried changing the Trackpad settings in System Preferences, but nothing has fixed this.

All other gestures seem to be fine.

Any ideas on where to begin troubleshooting, or is this perhaps a known bug?

A google search showed a handful of reports of this issue but I couldn't find a solution.

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 6:21 AM

I've encountered two more Macs in my organization (a Macbook and an iMac) which are now experiencing this same problem. Out of 22 machines, only three are affected so far. Other than the OS version, I can't find anything else in common between the 3 machines.

Sounds like it's an OS bug. Hopefully it will be addressed in a software update shortly.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2011 6:21 AM in response to Rich Fleming

I've encountered two more Macs in my organization (a Macbook and an iMac) which are now experiencing this same problem. Out of 22 machines, only three are affected so far. Other than the OS version, I can't find anything else in common between the 3 machines.

Sounds like it's an OS bug. Hopefully it will be addressed in a software update shortly.

Trackpad gesture to switch desktops stopped working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.