Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete a ibook collection name

Under Ibooks >collections>new, you can create a new bookshelf name. How can you delete the new name (bookshelf)?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 3:05 PM

I was doing it wrong.

Need to select the collection name, then hit edit. The delete icon will display now.

4 replies

Nov 30, 2012 7:22 AM in response to Towers4All

I converted a few Mobi Books to ePub using Calibre. I copied the ePubs to my iPad but crazy things happened. I got multiple copies of the same book 5 or 6 of each, but I can't open them or delete them. I created a new collection called DELETE and it allowed me to move all the files into this folder, but I still can't delete them.

What have I done wrong and how do I delete these books that I can do nothing with?

Apr 25, 2016 11:21 AM in response to Towers4All

In my version of Ibooks 1.5 I highlight the name and under the Edit pull down menu, there is a Delete command. This command does not have a key board equivalent and there is no dialog box asking you if you are sure. Not that I need one, because I have now moved all my stuff over to the DropBox and deleted everything out of the Ibooks. Too many people have lost their collections, one way or the other, and Im not waiting here for it to happen to me. If I can't trust it, I can't use it, and I will not spend the money for it either.

Apple could not care less, they make all their money selling phones and watches in China now. Too bad.

How to delete a ibook collection name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.