Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have iPhoto 9.1.5 & lost some photos...Help!

I was working on photos in my most recent event. When I finished, I scrolled through and found that 4 of my photos were gone and where they were ins now completely black. The file number is under each photo but cannot recover the photos. It almost looks like I took the picture with the lens cover on.

when I select the info. button it shows the details of the photo.

Does anyone have a clue what I can do to recover these photos?

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iMac - Intel Core i7-2.8 GHz-8GB

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 9:22 AM

3 replies

Jul 22, 2011 11:06 AM in response to tpeters53

If you have all your photos backed up to your time machine, you can access it by clicking on the Backups.backupdb folder, click on the "computer name" folder, click on the backup folder from a couple days before the day you did loose the photos, click on the "computer name" again, click "Users", click on your user, Click pictures and your older iPhoto library should appear in there.

Thats how i was able to fix mine when that happened to me once.

If that doesnt work, then good luck finding another way...

Jul 22, 2011 11:15 AM in response to mattster19901

That's not the way one should restore from Time Machine. To restore a library from TM go into the Pictures folder and then launch TM. Once in TM go to the date needed, select the library in the Pictures folder and use the Restore button.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

Since TM does'nt backup files that have not been modified or are not new dragging a library from the .backupdb folder that way could result in an incomplete library. To assure you're getting the full library use the method above.

OT

I have iPhoto 9.1.5 & lost some photos...Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.