Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion Safari issue

Hi. My Safari was not loading properly after installing Lion so I deleted it to re-load. The original error message referenced an add-on or preference pane I can never find in my system, PithHelmet. However the Safari download failed because it said it requires the previous OS, 10.6. A little help?

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 9:10 AM

Answered in other thread.

3 replies

Jul 22, 2011 7:18 PM in response to JustJoan R.

My Safari also failed to loadafter installing Lion. My previous Safari was version 5.1 and was inthe applications folder. I was also previously running OS 10.6.8. I amrunning a Mac Mini with a 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo processor. Software Updatefailed to find an updated version to download.

Whatworked for me was to select "Get Info" for the Safari application fromthe Finder. I unchecked the box to "Open in 32-bit mode". Safari worksperfectly after doing this.

I have no idea why this worked, though. Perhaps other more knowledgeable users can make suggestions.

Lion Safari issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.