Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot use the Lion up-to-date program! I bought my MBP on June 8 and when entering the serial number says ineligible! Thanks!

Thats the deal, i am a qualifiyng user for the Up To Date Program, and when entering the serial number of my MBP it says i am ineligible. I already tried with the form that had to be filled up if the direct method didn`t work and it has the same issue. My only possible explanation is that it seems they recently added a date limit for the submission of an order to get Lion free (July 19), which makes me be very disappointed with Apple because in the first communication about the up to date program they listed: "Customers who purchase a qualifying Mac between June 6, 2011 and the date when Lion is available in the Mac App Store will have 30 days from Lion’s official release date to make a request" .

Please help me, I am from Chile and my sister bought the MBP to me by the Apple Online Store, so I can`t personally go to an Apple Store to explain my problem.

THANKS!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 10:07 AM

Alfonso, es cuestión de tiempo que te funcione.

Yo ayer estaba igual que tú. Llame a Apple, me tuvieron más de 10 minutos en espera porque no tenían ni idea de porque estaba pasando esto.

El problema se fue como vino, solo. Ahora te estoy escribiendo desde Lion. De todas formas llama a Apple y le explicas tu caso, a ver si ya saben como solucionarlo desde allí.

¡Suerte!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2011 10:07 AM in response to alfonsofromsantiago

Alfonso, es cuestión de tiempo que te funcione.

Yo ayer estaba igual que tú. Llame a Apple, me tuvieron más de 10 minutos en espera porque no tenían ni idea de porque estaba pasando esto.

El problema se fue como vino, solo. Ahora te estoy escribiendo desde Lion. De todas formas llama a Apple y le explicas tu caso, a ver si ya saben como solucionarlo desde allí.

¡Suerte!

Jul 21, 2011 10:27 AM in response to tutxito

Muchas Gracias!

Pero dejame hacerte otra pregunta... No entiendo porque sale ahora lo de "submit before july 19th" si es que en un principio dijeron que uno tenia 30 dias desde que saliera Lion para los que compraran despues del 6 de Junio. Esa es mi gran angustia en verdad, no me importa esperar, pero me daria mucha rabia haber perdido la oportunidad de descargarlo gratis. Tu llenaste alguna orden o algo similar antes del 19 de Julio? Yo no hice nada parecido, sin embargo cuando me meto a la parte de la garantia con mi serial number me sale que mi MBP esta activo y registrado y todo.

Disculpa las molestias, y nuevamente muchisimas gracias!

P.D: No puedo llamar a Apple porque aca en Chile no esta la Apple Store oficial, es un "authorized reseller" y se llama MACONLINE, asi que no se si ellos me puedan ayudar.

I cannot use the Lion up-to-date program! I bought my MBP on June 8 and when entering the serial number says ineligible! Thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.